CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Lil' Nipper

I've learned in last six months or so that when my daughter goes quiet, it's time for me to see what she's up to.

Sometimes I forget this, however, in the stupor of blissful silence.

Last week, Buttercup had the croup. It was a long week for both of us. Nap times for the first couple of days were pretty much non-existent. But, since she wasn't sleeping much at night, I kept trying to put her down for naps so she could get caught up on rest (and because she was really CRANKY). Chaos would ensue. But after the third or so time, I was too tired to care. I snuck downstairs and turned off the baby monitor so I could have a bit of peace and quiet.

Apparently my daughter has found ways of taking out her aggression when Mommy doesn't respond to her fussing:



Her sicky wrath was not only taken out on her crib last week, however. Does anyone notice anything different about one particular crayon in this picture (like, the red one?)



Apparently Mommy needs to pay more attention to her daughter when she wants to get out of her chair and stop coloring. Even when it's the sixth time in the course of two hours that I've taken her out of the chair, just to have her climb right back in. Of course, Buttercup might just have pica. Either way, I was really concerned when I saw how much of tip was gone from this last picture . . .



Fortunately, I found the tip smooshed into the carpet later on that day. I think it's the first time I've been relieved to find crayon smashed into my carpet. I was starting to think that Buttercup had made a meal out of varnish and wax.

0 comments:

Post a Comment